Beginning with its commitment four years ago to stop retouching models, Aerie, a lifestyle brand offering intimates, apparel, activewear, and swimwear, is continuing to support the body positivity movement though its Strong. Beautiful. Me. campaign. The campaign, which supports the National Eating Disorders Association (NEDA), will run in stores and online from February 15 through March 19.
“Aerie has been a wonderful supporter, and we are grateful to be collaborating with them again for the Strong. Beautiful. Me. campaign in honor of National Eating Disorders Awareness Week,” said Claire Mysko, CEO of NEDA. “By championing body diversity, Aerie is encouraging women and girls to live authentically. Body dissatisfaction is a key contributor to the development of eating disorders, and we thank Aerie for helping to create a culture where all kinds of bodies are celebrated.”
Since its inception in 2014, #AerieREAL has grown from a no retouching campaign into a movement focused on female empowerment and embracing your real self.
“We proudly support NEDA’s mission as we stand together to empower women to be their authentic, real selves,” said Jennifer Foyle, Aerie Global Brand President. “The four-year partnership has been an incredibly rewarding and important experience for Aerie, our customers, and our team. We look forward to working with NEDA once again to help women feel confident in their own skin.”
Aerie customers can join the movement and support the partnership in Aerie stores, at Aerie.com and through social media:
- Aerie will sell limited-edition Strong. Beautiful. Me. tees and undies with 100% of sales benefitting NEDA. Purchases can be made both online and in stores.
- During #NEDAwareness Week, February 26 – March 4, Aerie will match customers’ donations made in stores (up to $10,000).
- Customers can participate in exclusive DIY experiences in select stores by making a donation to NEDA.
- Aerie will donate $1 (up to $25,000) to NEDA for every unretouched swim photo shared on social media with #AerieREAL from now until July 4.
- Throughout this year, Aerie will sponsor more than 80 NEDA Walks across the country. Learn more at www.nedawalk.org.