Localgiving has announced a series of major improvements to its individual fundraising pages. Local charities in the UK are hugely overstretched and under resourced with just 47% confident they will survive beyond 5 years. These changes have been made to help local charities and their fundraisers better engage potential donors and ultimately to bring in more funding for these important grassroots causes.
The aim of these improvements is to provide a better user experience both for fundraisers and their supporters both in terms of functionality and design. It is now quicker and easier to set up individual fundraising page. Moreover, fundraisers have been given even more control over how to communicate their story to their family, friends and colleagues.
These changes were released on Wednesday 26th September 2018.
Key improvements include:
- Fresh, friendly and accessible design
- Quick sign up process which allows fundraisers to save and complete at any time.
- Tips at each stage to help fundraisers maximise the impact of their fundraising page
- Integrated social media buttons to improve communication with supporters
- Intuitive user interface and fundraiser page layout
- Ability to upload videos and up to 8 images
- Ability to send updates to supporters through images and videos
- Optimised for smartphones and tablets
- Ability to choose from a range of set events or input your own activity
Alex Kirillov, Head of Technology at Localgiving said:
“Since 2009 we have worked hard to help local charities to diversify their income through developing their online fundraising capabilities. Localgiving always aim to be the most user friendly fundraising platform and we see these improvements as a reiteration of this ambition.We have thought hard about how to make these pages more feature rich, easier to use and more pleasing to look at from various devices, desktop to mobile.This product will give fundraisers far more control over their fundraising pages, giving their amazing challenges the life they deserve!”