As friends and families across the country gather to celebrate the holiday season, Share Our Strength’s No Kid Hungry® campaign invites holiday shoppers to remember the one in six hungry children in the U.S. by purchasing gifts that support work to end childhood hunger in America. National brands like Williams Sonoma, Tovolo, Ayesha Curry Cookware and more, will offer products and promotions that support No Kid Hungry this holiday season. Every $1 donated to No Kid Hungry this holiday season connects a child in need to 10 meals.
The holidays can be a stressful time for families and children struggling with hunger. As schools close for holiday breaks, students miss out on programs like school breakfast and afterschool meals, which many children rely on for access to healthy food.
“13 million kids across the U.S. struggle with hunger,” said Debbie Shore, Co-Founder of Share Our Strength. “We’re asking those who can to do something this holiday season to make the year ahead a little brighter for these children and their families.”
Products and promotions benefitting No Kid Hungry this holiday season include:
- America the Great Cookbook: From well-known chefs such as Mario Batali and Marcus Samuelsson, food personalities from around the country share their favorite recipes and the dishes they make for the people they love in this one-of-a-kind book. And on top of that, this cookbook fights childhood hunger by helping No Kid Hungry connect kids with at least 200,000 meals. America the Great Cookbook is available at Williams Sonoma and wherever fine books are sold.
- Ayesha Curry Cookware: Ayesha Curry’s debut cookware collection, available now in retail stores nationwide, features cookware, stoneware, bakeware, cutlery, tools and gadgets and pantry items. Ayesha Curry kitchen products help No Kid Hungry provide up to 500,000 meals to kids facing hunger in America.
- Hickory Farms: Now through December 24, Hickory Farms is donating $5 to No Kid Hungry for every Signature Party Planner or Pfaelzer Brothers Filets Gift sold, up to $300,000 combined.
- Tastefully Simple: Now through February 28, Tastefully Simple is sponsoring Friendsgiving for No Kid Hungry and will donate $1 for every Friendsgiving Kit sold. Each Kit contains ingredients for what hosts need to organize a Friendsgiving party including recipes and seasonings for Rustic Herb Turkey, Creamy Wild Rice Stuffing, Roasted Root Vegetables, Bacon-Stuffed Mushrooms, Sautéed Green Beans, Chillin’ Chada Frozen Drink Mix, Almond Crème Drink, and the Caramel Cookie Brittle Mix.
- Tovolo: Encouraging consumers to host Friendsgiving celebrations in support of No Kid Hungry, the kitchen tool and gadget company is providing a customized mix of resources and activities needed to execute a successful Friendsgiving. Tovolo is offering recipes and materials, along with select products to be shared with Friendsgiving for No Kid Hungry hosts.
- Williams Sonoma: This holiday season, Williams Sonoma has designed a stunning collection of gifts that set the scene for festive gatherings all year long. Their set of four stoneware copper heart mugs are available online and in store, and a gift set including the mug, a cinnamon-sugar scented candle in ceramic copper heart holder and a silicone spatula with a gold copper handle is available online only. The company will donate 30 percent of the retail price of the mug set and the gift set to No Kid Hungry, now through December 31.
- Zoës Kitchen: From November 14 through December 31, Zoës Kitchen, fresh made Mediterranean, will donate enough for No Kid Hungry to connect kids in need to 25 nutritious meals for every $25 gift card sold. In addition, customers who purchase a $25 gift card, either in store or online, will receive a $5 bonus gift card. Each gift card features unique artwork by a child, making these great stocking stuffers for the food lover in your life.
For more opportunities and resources on how to help kids in need this holiday season, visit NoKidHungry.org.