Now celebrating its 15th year, the St. Jude Thanks and Giving® campaign will once again transform the holiday season into a time of giving thanks and raising awareness for the life-saving mission of St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital®. The campaign rallies consumers across the nation as they shop in-stores and online to donate funds to support the ongoing battle to end childhood cancer and other life-threatening diseases.
More than 60 leading brands support the campaign, representing a cross-section of premier brands in retail, dining, travel, hospitality and media. These companies help raise funds and awareness for St. Jude through in-store and e-commerce initiatives, specialty merchandise and social media engagement. What began as a holiday-focused fundraising effort by St. Jude has now grown into a longstanding annual holiday tradition.
“For 15 years, the St. Jude Thanks and Giving campaign has united voices across the country to raise awareness and funds for the St. Jude mission,” said Marlo Thomas, National Outreach Director for St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital. “All of us at St. Jude are so grateful for the support of our corporate partners, celebrity friends and the millions of shoppers who donate during the holiday season. It is because of their generosity and commitment to the children of St. Jude that we are able honor my father’s promise that no family ever receives a bill from St. Jude — not for treatment, travel, housing or food – because all a family should worry about is helping their child live.”
Campaign partners represent a cross-section of brands including retail, restaurant, travel, hospitality, media and beyond. Top returning campaign partners include Best Buy, Domino’s, Kmart, HomeGoods, Kay® Jewelers, LOFT and Ann Taylor, Williams Sonoma, Chili’s Grill & Bar, AutoZone, New York & Company, Christopher & Banks, Carnival Cruise Line, Dollar General, Brooks Brothers, Marshalls, DXL Men’s Apparel, Stage Stores, GNC and many more. This year Pier 1 joins the campaign as a new partner.
“Best Buy employees from all around the company continue to share that it’s an honor and a joy to support the St. Jude Thanks and Giving campaign,” said Paula Baker, Best Buy’s president of U.S. stores. “And since 2013 our customers have agreed with us, donating nearly $60 million in our stores and on our website. We are thrilled to welcome St. Jude back for yet another holiday season, and eager to do even more to help support the life-saving mission of St. Jude.”
The campaign’s family of corporate partners continue to find new ways to grow their efforts during St. Jude Thanks and Giving – from in-store fundraising to unique cross-promotions, events and online/mobile features.
Other partner highlights include:
- Best Buy has exciting plans to build upon the $20 million the company raised during last year’s campaign by once again inviting customers to donate at checkout, whether in-store or at BestBuy.com.
- Kmart is kicking off its recently announced Care to Dream movement with a holiday campaign called Draw to Dream that celebrates artistic expression. St. Jude patient designs will be featured on wrapping paper that will be sold this holiday at Kmart and on kmart.com, with $2 from each sale being donated to St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital.
- HomeGoods will once again sell limited edition snow globes to benefit St. Jude. Two collectibles from last year along with two new designs this year will be sold in-store with 50 percent of the purchase price benefitting St. Jude.
- The annual plush campaign from Kay® Jewelers benefiting St. Jude will feature Jack and Joey this year. Each plush retails for $13.99 with all proceeds benefiting St. Jude.
- Beginning Oct. 22, Domino’s consumers can donate to St. Jude via in-store, telephone, online and mobile orders, as well as the purchase of a St. Jude Meal Deal during the campaign timeframe. For each Meal Deal purchased, Domino’s will donate $1 to St. Jude.
- Several partners are offering merchandise during the holidays to benefit St. Jude including, Brooks Brothers, Hammermill, HomeGoods, HSN, Kmart, Pottery Barn, Pottery Barn Kids, PBteen, New York & Company, TUMI, west elm, Williams Sonoma, Ballard Designs, and others.
The campaign receives additional support from national theatre partners including Regal Entertainment Group, Cinemark USA, AMC, Malco Theatres and many others that showcase a star-studded St. Jude Thanks and Giving trailer. American Airlines provides backing via in-flight video promotion, inclusion in their in-flight magazine and on social media. In addition, AccentHealth, America’s leading waiting room media network, shows the St. Jude PSA in physician offices nationally.
“Over the years our partners have set the industry standard in making corporate social responsibility a priority by integrating St. Jude into their business strategies,” said Richard Shadyac Jr., President and CEO of ALSAC, the fundraising and awareness organization for St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital. “St. Jude has helped push the childhood cancer survival rate from less than 20 percent when we opened to 80 percent today. With the support we receive from our family of partners through campaigns like St. Jude Thanks and Giving and the generous support of people particularly during the holiday season, St. Jude can say ‘we won’t stop until no child dies in the dawn of life.'”
To join the fight against childhood cancer this holiday season:
- Donate at stjude.org and visit the site to learn more.
- Shop with participating businesses and donate at the register. Visit stjude.org for a complete list of partners.
- Follow @StJude on social media and find a photo (or snap a new one) of what you are thankful for. Then post the photo to Instagram, Twitter or Facebook tagging @StJude and #GiveThanks.