Subaru of America, Inc. today has released a new creative campaign to mark the start of its 11th annual Subaru Share the Love® Event. The new campaign, which airs nationally, includes a series of ad spots that bring to life the stories of those whose lives have been touched by the program, as well as the automaker’s impact on the national charity partners: The American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals® (ASPCA®), Make-A-Wish® America, Meals on Wheels America and National Park Foundation.
“For more than a decade, the Subaru Share the Love Event has contributed to improving the lives of those it touches and worked to fulfill our Love Promise,” said Alan Bethke, Senior Vice President of Marketing, Subaru of America, Inc. “Working with these longstanding charity partners and the local charitable organizations has allowed us and our retailers to support those in need across the country in meaningful ways, and we are excited to reveal this new creative campaign to shine a light on those efforts.”
Starting today, the new spots, created by Subaru of America in collaboration with agency partner Carmichael Lynch, will air in :30s formats on national television, and be featured in :30s and :15s formats in targeted digital and social media promotions. Each spot in the campaign highlights the impact made on each of the national Subaru Share the Love Event charity partners:
- Silent Awe – When we protect our parks, we protect our future. This commercial follows the journey of a grandmother taking her granddaughter to a national park for the first time. We witness her guide and teach her granddaughter as they climb to the summit. Over the past 10 years, through the Subaru Share the Love Event, Subaru and its retailers have helped support more than 100 national parks with the National Park Foundation.
- Becoming a Hero – When we grant wishes, we give hope. In this heartfelt commercial, we witness a little boy experience his wish of becoming a firefighter. As the firefighters arrive and pick him up over their shoulders, his parents soak in this moment of hope. Over the past 10 years, through the Subaru Share the Love Event, Subaru and its retailers have helped grant over 1,800 wishes with Make-A-Wish.
- Dinner Date – When we feed seniors, we also feed their souls. This commercial tells the story of a new friendship created through Meals on Wheels. We meet an older gentleman sitting in his home, waiting. Walt meets his friend, a volunteer for Meals on Wheels, at the back door. Suddenly we’re thrust into a lively scene of the two playing dominos, enjoying their time together. Over the past 10 years, through the Subaru Share the Love Event, Subaru and its retailers have helped deliver nearly 2 million meals with Meals on Wheels.
- New Friends – When we rescue pets, we build families. This happy commercial tells the story of a girl learning the power of volunteering and helping an animal find a home. We witness a young volunteer give a lonely pet attention. As she does, a younger girl joins out of curiosity. We see the pride of the volunteer’s mother seeing her daughter create a connection between a pet and family. Over the past 10 years, through the Subaru Share the Love Event, Subaru and its retailers have helped rescue over 50,000 animals with the ASPCA.
- Share the Love Compilation – When we share love, we all win. By the end of this, our 11th year, Subaru and its retailers will have donated over $140 million through the Subaru Share the Love Event to charities like the ASPCA, Make-A-Wish, Meals on Wheels, the National Park Foundation, and over 1,170 hometown charities.
These spots are available to view on Subaru of America’s YouTube channel here:
To complement the creative campaign, Subaru is working with several partners to develop unique integrations that will spread the reach of the Share the Love Event with as many people as possible. On Tuesday, November 20, as part of the Subaru Share the Love Event, Subaru will exclusively debut the work being done with their charity partners on ABC’s top national morning show Good Morning America.
The automaker will also be collaborating with ATTN:, a media company that breaks down important societal topics and conversations into digestible, entertaining videos and series across all platforms, to develop a video series centered around the national charity partners and the ripple effect that happens when individuals spread positivity, volunteer, and help others. Throughout the campaign, Subaru will also participate in a series of episodes on the popular podcast, Science Vs, where local Subaru retailers will discuss the importance of the Share the Love Event and the relationship each has fostered with their hometown charity.
From November 15, 2018 to January 2, 2019, Subaru will donate $250 for every new Subaru vehicle purchased or leased at more than 628 participating Subaru retailers nationwide to the customer’s choice of the following national charities: The American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals® (ASPCA®), Make-A-Wish®, Meals on Wheels America® and National Park Foundation. In addition to the four national charity partners, Subaru retailers across the country have selected 681 local charitable organizations to support during this year’s Subaru Share the Love Event. With some retailers adding their own donations to the hometown charities, total contributions by Subaru and its participating retailers are expected to exceed previous years. Eleven years running, this year’s Subaru Share the Love Event marks the third consecutive year there will be no cap placed on the total donation from Subaru of America to its charitable partners. By the end of this year’s event, the automaker hopes to exceed a grand total of $140 million donated since the Subaru Share the Love Event started in 2008.
To learn about the Subaru Share the Love Event, view terms and conditions for the social media campaign and hear some of the incredible stories of those touched by the event, please visit www.subaru.com/share.