More than 100 agencies joined forces for last Friday’s nationwide careers open day, Advertising Unlocked.
Now in its third year, Advertising Unlocked 2019 was the biggest yet, with agencies opening their doors to over 2,500 schoolchildren across England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales– showing them the world of career opportunities available within adland.
Activities at agencies around the country included:
- Working on real creative briefs and pitching their ideas to agency staff
- Developing social and experiential ideas
- Listening to platforms, including Snapchat, talk about how they develop content
- Hearing from past Advertising Unlocked attendees now working in agencies
- Learning practical advice about getting into the industry through CV building workshops and talks about agency internship programmes
Says Nigel Vaz, IPA President and CEO of Publicis Sapient: “Advertising Unlocked is an amazing opportunity for agencies to connect with a diverse range of talent across the UK. This year alone, we’ve had more than 100 schools participate which provides a fantastic platform for the next generation to join our industry.”
Watch the story of Advertising Unlocked 2019:
Advertising Unlocked aims to introduce new – potentially unconsidered career options to school and college leavers, and to provide agencies with an audience of fresh, diverse talent. Since inception, over 5,000 students have taken part, with feedback from previous years demonstrating the tangible benefits for both children and agencies.