Amnesty International UK’s annual gifts catalogue has been released, featuring an array of high-quality products that are fun, fair trade and ethically-sourced.
The 84-page Amnesty shop catalogue offers a range of unique and eye-catching seasonal gift suggestions, including clothing, prints, jewellery, calendars, cards and toys.
Some of the more unusual gifts include tagua brooches handmade in Ecuador, a wildflower seedbomb giftset, a bike-shaped pizza cutter, and a jotter made from elephant dung.
Angelina Jolie and Amnesty’s hard-hitting book on children’s rights, Know Your Rights and Claim Them, also makes the gift list. The book celebrates the difference young activists have made in every corner of the world and shows them how to challenge injustice wherever they may find it.
All items featured in the catalogue are from sustainable, eco-friendly manufacturers to ensure purchases will benefit the people who make them, support the environment, and support Amnesty’s vital human rights work. A large number are also sourced from small suppliers who support their local communities by providing people with marketable skills and a fair wage.
Sacha Deshmukh, Amnesty International UK’s CEO, said:
“Amnesty’s Christmas catalogue is a one stop shop packed full of products that provide much-needed support to the local communities who make them.
“All of the products are ethically-sourced, led by fair trade and environmental principles.
“Buying a gift from this year’s Amnesty catalogue means you’re also helping to support our essential work, fighting for freedom, justice and equality.
“This Christmas, give gifts that give back.”
Highlights from the 2021 catalogue include:
- Tagua brooch: A gold-plated, steel brooch, handmade in Equador using Tagua nut. Ethically made, giving you a beautiful piece of jewellery that helps people and doesn’t harm the planet.
- Kabloom seedbombs: These seedbombs each contain a different seed of wildflower that will bring vibrant colour to your garden. They are all biodegradable, so as time passes the casing will return to the earth and leave behind nothing but beautiful flowers.
- Little feminist book set: Featuring sixteen strong women like Cleopatra, Rosa Parks, Marie Curie and Amelia Earhart, this collection is a joy for young readers. The books are chunky, colourful and beautifully illustrated.
- ‘Hope’ embroidery hoop: These decorative, hand-embroidered ‘hope hoops’ have been made by women artists living in a refugee camp in Greece. Money from sales of the hoops helps support the women who make them, providing them with a living wage to build them a better future.
- Ethletic fair trade trainers: A stylish must have for everyone, these cotton canvas trainers from Ethletic are made with Fairtrade certified and organic cotton. The shoes are vegan, vegetarian and Fairtrade, with a built-in arch for comfort.
- Art 2022 diary: This A5 Art Diary for 2022 features artwork from recent Amnesty campaigns, such as abortion rights in Poland, street art from Amnesty Mexico and portraits of human rights defenders. With a week-to-view layout, it’s perfect for keeping track of any meetings or personal engagements.
- Amnesty fighting bad guys t-shirt: Made by No Sweat, an organisation that campaigns against workplace exploitation and the sweatshop bosses, these t-shirts are made by worker co-operatives that employ former sweat shop workers and pay them a fair wage.
- Reusable aluminium water bottle: Stay hydrated while showing your support for human rights with this reusable Amnesty International water bottle, featuring the ‘Fighting Bad Guys Since 1961’ slogan. The BPA-free water bottle is made from lightweight aluminium with a leak proof lid that works with carbonated drinks too.
- Printed aprons and tea towels: The perfect gift for baking fans, these aprons and tea towels are made from lightweight Fairtrade GOTS certified organic cotton. They are sure to brighten up any kitchen and make you smile every time you use them.
- ‘Love and Peace’ scented candle: This scented, hand-poured candle has a delightful scent of citrus lemon, geranium, patchouli and orange, and is made from natural soy wax, a renewable resource that is toxin-free and burns longer than normal wax.
- Bike shaped pizza cutter: This is a perfect gift for any pizza lover or cycling fanatic to bring some fun to slicing their pizzas. It’s easy to hold just rest your hand against the seat and handlebars!
- Fair trade elephant dung jotter: Made in India, this unique gift is handmade from cotton and elephant dung. It’s approximately 20 sheets of 5 colours and size 7 x 8cm.
This year, Amnesty has introduced a huge range of everyday items to its gift list, to help people make the switch to ethical living. These include an ethical health and beauty selection – including a vegan range – reusable menstrual products, sustainable dental care, hundreds of ethical cleaning products, and a unique food and drink offering.
Amnesty also launched Reading Rebels a book club of monthly stories and activities to encourage children to dream big and help shape a fairer world. This initiative is funded by the Players of the People Postcode’s Lottery.
Products can be purchased online, by phone or by post. Free packaging and posting is available on all orders over £75.
For more information, please visit: https://amnestyshop.org.uk/