SMEs across the British Isles are invited to come forward and nominate themselves for one or more of the following categories:
- New Business Award
- New Heritage Award
- Social Good Award
- Sustainable Innovation Award
- Female Business Leader Award
- Circular Economy Award
- Global Impact Award
- People’s Prize: For businesses based in the British Isles, that may manufacture either in the UK or abroad* *Need to fit the criteria for global impact
The awards recognise high quality design as well as genuine, innovative and sustainable approaches to ethical business.
The nomination period starts on the 31st May and the entry deadline is 12pm Wednesday 24th July. Shortlist and winners will be judged in August with the winners announced at the awards ceremony in London in October 2019.
The Blue Patch Business Awards champion outstanding small brands and SMEs, support the local economy and promote sustainable businesses across the British Isles.
Last year’s winners and nominees included the likes of Eco Stardust, Deakin and Blue, the Hotel School and Bird and Wild Coffee to name a few.
There are 28 judges from various sectors and disciplines, including Seán Dagan Wood from Positive News Magazine, Emma Matthews the Merchandising Consultant for Development and Enterprise at the Royal Opera House, Covent Garden, Bafta nominated designer Oliver Heath, Deborah Pocock CEO of the Queen Elizabeth Scholarship Trust and many more.
The Awards were started in 2016 with the purpose of being easy to enter for time pressured start-ups and small business owners. It’s not about winning money but winning fans, the awards are light touch and encourage people to ‘spruce up their presentations’, become more aware of their impact and simply, have a go.
Jane Langley, Blue Patch Founder explains, “it’s important to us that it’s a friendly competition designed to encourage participation and support within the business community and to bring entrepreneurs together.”
To apply for any/all awards except the People’s Prize, please visit the website and follow the hashtag #bpatchawards for updates.
Entry Rules and Criteria.
- There is NO entry fee for the awards.
- Open to Blue Patch members and non-members.
- All applicants, except those for the Global Impact Award and People’s Prize should be based in the UK, and be making/manufacturing or providing a service within the British Isles.
- Applicants for the Global Impact award and People’s Prize, must be based in the UK, but may manufacture part, or all of their products abroad. For this award, however, it is important that your business be sustainable and be working to improve the communities that you work with abroad.
- You/Your business must meet the criteria for each individual award that you apply for.
- You must have an interest in sustainability.
- You can enter for multiple awards.
- We must have your completed application plus named photographs by 12 PM on Wednesday the 24th of July.
- Entering for an award does not automatically award you membership of Blue Patch. If you wish to become a member, you will have to meet the membership criteria. For more information on Blue Patch membership and benefits, click here.