Gillette has formally launched Planet KIND, a new shaving and skincare brand that is kind to skin and the planet. Planet KIND packaging is recyclable and made with 85% recycled paper, 85% recycled plastic or infinitely recyclable aluminum. The lineup also includes a razor handle made with 60% recycled plastic. The brand has partnered with Plastic Bank® to give consumers even more reason to feel good about choosing Planet KIND. In partnership with Plastic Bank, every Planet KIND product purchased will prevent 10 plastic bottles from entering the ocean.
“Planet KIND makes it easier to incorporate eco-friendly choices into your shaving and skincare routine,” said John Claughton, VP of North America Grooming at P&G. “We know consumers are looking for sustainable products that are kind to skin, and don’t want to compromise on performance. Our Planet KIND products are designed with this in mind and are backed by a brand people already know and trust.”
- A durable razor handle made to last with 60% recycled plastic (made from rPET, like water bottle plastic), which can be used for years.
- One Planet KIND razor handle contains the equivalent of one recycled water bottle.
- Razor with two cartridge refills can be purchased for $9.99*
- Razor cartridges with five (5) high quality blades that glide effortlessly over skin for a close, smooth and gentle-on-skin shave. Each cartridge is good for up to one month of shaves.
- Four-count cartridge refills can be purchased for $9.99*
- Eight-count cartridge refills can be purchased for $20.00*
- Dermatologist-tested moisturizer, face wash and shave cream made without parabens, SLS sulfate, alcohol or dyes. The moisturizer and face wash bottles are made with 85% recycled plastic, and the shave cream jar is made with infinitely recyclable aluminum.
- Moisturizer, face wash and shave cream can be purchased for $7.99* each.
- Planet KIND packaging can be recycled through most curbside municipality programs, and both the blades & the handle are recyclable through Gillette’s Razor Recycling Program in partnership with international recycling leader, TerraCycle®.
- Through this program, consumers can send in all brands of blades and razors, including razor systems, disposable razors, replaceable-blade cartridge units, rigid plastic packaging and flexible plastic bag packaging.
Planet KIND and Plastic Bank
Planet KIND is increasing its commitment to reduce plastic waste through a partnership with Plastic Bank, a social enterprise that helps stop ocean plastic while improving the lives of collectors in vulnerable coastal communities. Starting February 1, every purchase of a Planet KIND product will help prevent 10 plastic bottles from entering the ocean. In the first year of this partnership, Planet KIND’s goal is to prevent 10 million plastic bottles from entering the ocean.
“Our goal at Plastic Bank is to work with likeminded organizations to create environmental, social and economic impact,” said David Katz, CEO and Founder at Plastic Bank. “Together with Planet KIND, we are reducing ocean plastic and empowering the world to thrive.”
The launch of Planet KIND supports Gillette’s 2030 Sustainability Goals to have 100% of Gillette packaging be recyclable by 2030 and to increase the use of post-consumer recycled content for products. Learn more about Gillette Sustainability here.
Learn more about Planet KIND here.
* Final pricing is at the sole discretion of the retailer.