NN Group, a financial services company active in several European countries and Japan, today published its 2020 Annual Report. The report consists of two components – the Annual Review and the Financial Report – providing an integrated overview of our strategy, and financial and non-financial performance.
At NN, we put our resources, expertise, and networks to use for the well-being of our customers, the advancement of our communities, the preservation of our planet, and for the promotion of a stable, inclusive, and sustainable economy.
Our purpose is to help people care for what matters most to them. Because what matters to them matters to us.
NN is committed to creating long-term value for all our stakeholders. Our strategy aims to address the interests of all stakeholders, and is underpinned by both financial and non-financial targets. It is our ambition to be an industry leader, known for customer engagement, talented people and our contribution to society.
Performance highlights in 2020
- Limited negative impact of Covid-19 on operating result of around EUR 53 million
- Operating result of EUR 1,889 million and net result of EUR 1,170 million
- Full-year 2020 operating capital generation of EUR 993 million
- Solvency II ratio at 210% and cash capital position of EUR 1,170 million
- Customer satisfaction remained broadly stable amidst the pandemic, with four of our businesses scoring above market average Net Promoter Score. Brand consideration at 21%
- Employee engagement increased with an overall score of 7.9, up from 7.4 in 2019
- 33% women in senior management positions
- ESG-integrated Assets under Management increased to 74% from 68% in 2019
- Following the announcement in June 2020 of our ambition to transition our proprietary investment portfolio to net-zero greenhouse gas emissions by 2050, we installed an NN Paris Alignment Council (chaired by our CIO) and developed an alignment strategy for sovereign bonds
- 15,834 young people reached in 2020 through NN Future Matters, our global community investment programme. Since the start of this programme in 2014, we have reached 154,192 young people, exceeding our goal of positively impacting the futures of 100,000 young people by 2020.
- Decrease of 43% in CO2 emissions/FTE, and operating 100% carbon neutral by purchasing voluntary carbon credits (Gold Standard)
Also today, NN Group published a Solvency and Financial Condition Report, a Total Tax Contribution Report, and a Carbon Footprint Report. NN Investment Partners published its Responsible Investing Report 2020.