The Public Relations and Communications Association (PRCA) Ethics Council has launched its annual global #PRCAethics Month in September, under a thematic banner, “The PoweR of Ethical PR.”
A range of free-of-charge #PRCAethics educational and advocacy content throughout September will spur renewed ethics conversations, centered on issues impacting the global PR industry.
The ultimate goal: transition PR dialogues toward stronger ethics-driven action, behavior and C-suite / board-level executive counsel.
The #PRCAethics content will flow seamlessly into the PRCA’s UK National Conference theme, “PR as a Force for Positive Change,” set for Thursday, 24th September 2020.
The Council also has announced that it will undertake a research audit project, with results in early 2021, which will inform agenda-setting toward the Council’s formal remit, “To raise ethical standards around the world.”
The PRCA Ethics Council – which was formed in May 2020 – has recently appointed American Mary Beth West, Senior Strategist of Fletcher Marketing PR, as its Co-Chair with David Gallagher. More announcements will be forthcoming as the Council continues to evolve, including geographic representation and ambassadorship.
The Ethics Council is now composed of working groups under Framework, Research, Engagement, Liaison, Practice Review and Newsletter committees, with work scopes in progress.
David Gallagher of Omnicom PR and PRCA Ethic Council Chair, commented:
“In a calendar year defined by utter disruption and chaos at transformative levels, one thing in our industry has remained steadfast: the importance of ethical decision-making, relationship-management and communications. This September, the PRCA will join once more with our members to drive ethics as a global topic to the larger public. It’s an inherent part of our organisational brand.”
PRCA members and other public relations practitioners worldwide can follow the #PRCAethics conversation and tap into free resources and programs, using that hashtag across social media.
– David Gallagher. President, Growth and International Development of Omnicom Public Relations Group. Former Chairman of PRCA UK. Former President of ICCO.
– Mary Beth West. Senior Strategist of Fletcher Marketing PR
– Bob Pickard. Principal of Signal Leadership Communication Inc.
– Bridget von Holdt. Business Director of BCW. President of ICCO Africa.
– Claire Walker. CEO of Firefly Communications Group. Chairman of PRCA UK Professional Practices Committee
– Francis Ingham. Director General of PRCA. Chief Executive of ICCO
– Gustavo Averbuj. CEO and Regional Director Latin America of Ketchum. Chairman of PRCA Latin America
– Kim Sample. President of PR Council.
– Kiri Sinclair. Founder and CEO of Sinclair, Partnerships Chair of PRHK
– Lee Nugent. Executive Vice President APAC of Archetype. Chairman of PRCA Southeast Asia
– Massimo Moriconi. General Manager & Amministratore Delegato of OmnicomPRGroup Italy
– Matt Neale. Global CEO of Golin. Former Chairman of PRCA UK
– Nitin Mantri. Group CEO of Avian WE. President of ICCO. President of PRCAI
– Omar Qirem. CEO of Edelman Middle East. Chairman of PRCA Middle East and North Africa
– Philippa Foster Back CBE. Former Director of the Institute for Business Ethics
– Rob Flaherty. Chairman of Ketchum
– Simon Goldsworthy. Former Professor of Public Relations and co-author of the forthcoming PR Ethics: The Real World Guide
– Stephane Billiet, President of We Agency. Former President of SCRP
– Yomi Badejo-Okusanya, Group Managing Director, CMC Connect (Perceptions Manager)
– Brad Love.