Science Applications International Corp. has published its 3rd annual Corporate Responsibility Report, highlighting the company’s ongoing commitment to improving our world, communities and people’s lives. The report features continued progress in areas such as reducing energy consumption and greenhouse gas emissions, elevating the Company’s commitment to leadership and workforce diversity, expanding workplace flexibility, and focusing philanthropy in three areas important to the company: military heroes; community wellness; and science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) efforts.
Similar to previous reports, the current publication is accompanied by SAIC’s response to the Global Reporting Index (GRI). Reflecting the company’s continued progress, this year’s response is expanded to include the company’s first Taskforce on Climate-related Financial Disclosure (TCFD) report as well as an ESG Reporting Framework and Standards Index, which has been prepared in accordance with the GRI, the Sustainability Accounting Standards Board (SASB), and the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (UN SDGs).
“SAIC embraces a broad scope of environmental, social and governance imperatives in the Company’s daily operations because we believe it makes our business, employees and communities better,” said Nazzic Keene, chief executive officer at SAIC. “We are focused on a better tomorrow, whether that involves architecting what’s next for our customers, reinventing the future of work for our employees, or improving the world around us.”
The report provides a snapshot of SAIC’s activities and progress in ESG including:
- Enhanced employee benefits — from expanding work flexibility to keeping employee medical premiums down to implementing programs for back-up child and elder care
- Elevated Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) efforts — commitment and action to increase representation of women and people of color throughout all levels of our leadership, and adding Juneteenth as a paid, annual holiday as one of the first in our industry to do so
- Amplified communications around our SAIC Charitable Foundation, which helps our employees and their dependents in times of need
- Lowered GHG emissions by 30% and electricity use by 13% since our base year of 2019
- Remained steadfast with high ethical standards as ethics and integrity serve as the foundation of the SAIC’s business practices, and by extension, the success of the company
- Protected customers, business partners and employees through data privacy and cybersecurity, which is integral to everything SAIC does
For more information on SAIC’s efforts on Corporate Responsibility, sustainability & ESG, visit https://www.saic.com/who-we-are/about-saic/corporate-responsibility.