The design-minded platform for a world with less plastic, BEYONDPLASTIC, announces the jury panel for the BEYONDPLASTIC AWARD 2021.
The line-up consists of excellent experts in the fields of eco-design and sustainability:
- Paul Rose, explorer, TV presenter & public speaker
- Brigette Allan, environmental Impact Consultant and Co-Author of Living Without Plastic
- Julia Watson, designer, activist, academic, and author of Lo-TEK
- Grant Gibson, design, craft and architecture writer & host of Material Matters podcast
- Trent Romer, writer & author of Finding Sustainability
- Sarah Ferguson, world record holding swimmer & founder of the Breathe Foundation
- Ulrich Krzyminski, engineer, entrepreneur & founder of BEYONDPLASTIC
- Katie Holloway, eco-friendly marketing specialist and founder of Cocoon Communications
The Award will honor the innovation and creativity in sustainable product & packaging design in four categories:
- Most practical impact to reduce the use of plastics
- Most innovative approach
- Most beautiful solution
- Best Initiative in Education / Journalism / Campaigning.
For each category there will be a Gold, Silver and Bronze Award with trophies and cash prizes of 6,750 Euros in total.
Who can participate? The Award is directed towards students, designers, engineers, scientists, makers, creators, inventors, artists, journalists and teachers but everyone who has an idea, concept, project, initiative, prototype or even a solution already in market which supports less plastic packages is welcome to take part. Also it can be a campaign, educational or journalistic project related to the topic.
The entries will be judged in September will be announced and celebrated in the fall 2021.
Last year, the BEYONDPLASTIC AWARD received over 100 entries from across the world. The winners included Paula Nerlich’s “Aqua Faba Foam”, a biomaterial made from the byproduct of chickpeas, Rania Elkalla’s “Shell Homage” material made from waste egg and nut shells, and Allan Gomes’ “Coolpaste” sustainable toothpaste packaging.
For details how to participate go to www.beyondplastic.net/award.
BEYONDPLASTIC recently announced the launch of their highly acclaimed book „SO LONG, PLASTIC!“. The tastefully handcrafted book honors eco-designers and their initiatives. It describes in detail 85 innovative and creative solutions that reduce or replace single-use plastic products. Further information can be found at www.beyondplastic.net/book.
BEYONDPLASTIC is the brainchild of Ulrich Krzyminski – an entrepreneur, engineer, and inventor who has an insight into the Print and Packaging industry. It is a politically and commercially independent online platform for environmentalists, packaging designers, engineers, and companies to present and exchange eco-responsible ideas, concepts, and solutions to replace plastic packages and single-use products.
The Award’s motto is: „Let us design and create eco-responsible products and packages. Let us reduce single-use plastic and start a material renaissance!“