Congratulations to the winners of the 2020 IPA Effectiveness Awards, who were announced during a virtual awards celebration.
The IPA Effectiveness Awards are the world’s most rigorous and prestigious Awards scheme with entrants having to prove the payback of their communications activity.
In total five gold, six silver and 14 bronze prizes, along with 10 special prizes, were awarded to companies internationally, including in Australia, Canada, mainland Europe and the UK.
The night’s top prize, the 2020 IPA Effectiveness Awards Grand Prix, was awarded to BBH and MediaCom transforming Tesco’s business and adding £4.3bn incremental revenue between 2015 and 2019.
Sixty-four papers were entered into this year’s Awards and were evaluated by three esteemed panels of client, industry and technical judges led by Chairman of Judges Stevie Spring, Convenor of Judges Sue Unerman and Deputy Convenor Harjot Singh.
All winning case studies are available to download from the IPA website or from WARC.
The 2020 IPA Effectiveness Awards are sponsored by Facebook, Google, Marsh, Newsworks, System 1, Thinkbox and Warc. The IPA Effectiveness Awards kick off the EffWorks Global 2020 Conference, which will feature an industry leading line-up of marketing effectiveness experts and cultural commentators present a mix of new effectiveness R&D, unique case studies, keynotes, panels and live Q&A’s across four afternoons of content.
Full list of 2020 IPA Effectiveness Awards Winners:
- Grand Prix (sponsored by Thinkbox):
- Effectiveness Network of the Year:
- MullenLowe Group
- Effectiveness Company of the Year:
- The Simon Broadbent Prize for Best Dedication to Effectiveness (sponsored by System 1):
- The President’s Prize for Best Contribution to Effectiveness through Technology:
- The Channon Prize for Best New Learning (sponsored by Newsworks):
- The Tim Broadbent Prize for Best International (sponsored by Google):
- Best Multi-Market (sponsored by Marsh):
- Best Small Budget (sponsored by Facebook):
- Best Use of Data (sponsored by WARC):
- Audi by BBH – The value of Vorsprung durch Technik over four decades
- Diageo portfolio by Diageo – Marketing Catalyst: Creating a culture of marketing effectiveness
- Guinness (Diageo) by AMV BBDO – Guinness Made of More 2012-2019: Consistency x creativity
- John Lewis & Partners by adam&eveDDB and Manning Gottlieb OMD – John Lewis: An amazing decade
- Tesco by BBH and MediaCom – From running shops to serving customers: The Tesco turnaround story
- Baileys (Diageo) by Mother and Carat – From forgotten icon to global treat
- Central Coast (Tourism Central Coast) by AFFINITY – Building a big billion dollar tourism brand through “Little Adventures”
- Gordon’s Gin (Diageo) by Diageo & Anomaly London – Legacy brand turned challenger: Doubling the size of a legacy brand by thinking like a challenger
- Heinz [Seriously] Good Mayonnaise (Kraft Heinz) by BBH – How Heinz [Seriously] Good Mayonnaise overcame the ‘difficult second stage of launch’ syndrome
- SickKids (Sick Kids Foundation) by Cossette – SickKids vs. Conventional fundraising
- Volvo (Volvo Cars UK) by Grey London and Mindshare – A defiantly Human success story
- Aldi UK by McCann Manchester and Gain Theory – Aldi 2010-2019: How taking an alternative path took Aldi from shame to pride
- Cotswold Co. by Creature – A leap beyond optimisation
- Formula 1 by Ogilvy – Unlocking the value of direct-to-fan for Formula 1
- Heineken 0.0 by Heineken, Publicis Italy and Starcom NL – Taking Heineken 0.0 to the parts other beers cannot reach
- KFC by Ogilvy Australia – Michelin Impossible: How an Aussie underdog took on the food establishment
- Lloyds Bank (Lloyds Banking Group) by adam&eveDDB and MediaCom – Lloyds Bank: The power of Pure Brand
- NHS England by MullenLowe London, MullenLowe Open and Mediahub UK – We are the NHS
- PPI Deadline (Financial Conduct Authority) by M&C Saatchi and Manning Gottlieb OMD – Billions to millions
- Royal Navy by ENGINE and Wavemaker London – Building a brand fit for the biggest decision of your life: Made in the Royal Navy
- Tango (Britvic) by VCCP – Rescuing Tango from a Sticky Situation
- The Campaign Against Living Miserably by adam&eveDDB – Breaking the silence: How an image, not an ad transformed the way the UK treats male suicide
- Truth Project (Independent Inquiry into Childhood Sexual Abuse – IICSA) by MullenLowe London and Bray Leino – Making the unspeakable speakable
- wagamama by MullenLowe London and the7stars – Stirring souls and selling bowls the wagamama way, through the secret power of cinema
- WaterAid by The Kite Factory – A partnership that has saved five million children’s lives and built a new model for fundraising