On the eve of the Girls Elite Clubs National League National Event on the weekend of 7-8th January in Sanford, FL, the nation’s top female youth soccer league officially launched its #GameChanger campaign today to support the desire, ambition and impact of the ECNL athlete. #GameChanger will celebrate the opportunities on and off the field before today’s girls ECNL player using images, videos and real stories to align them with role models, alums and ambassadors across the country.
“The confidence and drive of today’s ECNL player is stronger than ever, and the opportunity for them to make an even bigger impact on and off the field is bigger as well,” said ECNL Commissioner Jen Winnagle. “We want to celebrate what these amazing young women can do in the game, in school, and in their community, and hopefully inspire them as they work to become star players and ultimately leaders in society.”
Girls ECNL alums have long dominated college soccer, seeing 4,078 alums play in Division I this year and leading conference awards. The ECNL College Impact continues as the next class of elite players prepares to enter the college scene. Star alums, like Morgan Andrews, Daphne Corboz and Shea Groom, have also made huge impacts on the professional and international stage. With each alum success story inspiring today’s female ECNL player to dream bigger, the #GameChanger campaign will inspire and use the power of role models to help drive players forward on the field, in their community, and towards their dreams.
All players can access #GameChanger offerings at AmazingYoungWomen.com.
#GameChanger is a dynamic campaign of digital, social and on-field activations expanding the Amazing Young Woman offerings to showcase and celebrate female role models, and offer an aspirational focus for all female athletes and teens as they prepare to be our next generation of leaders. Highlights include:
- #GameChanger limited edition NIKE retail line at ECNL National Events and on http://www.shopayw.com.
- #GameChanger Video Series highlighting various soccer moments, opportunities and choices female players face daily as they pursue their dreams and become leaders.
- ECNL Ambassadors connecting today’s player to stars outside of the soccer world.
- ECNL Alums to connect today’s player to former ECNLers, and share experiences of college and beyond.
- The ZONE health and well being center at every ECNL National Event.
- The #GameChanger Lounge with a social media display to engage and connect through relatable posts, stories, pictures and testimonials.
- Compilation Team Competitions, offering multiple platforms for players to share their personal game changing moments and choices, connecting them with ECNL Alums and ECNL Ambassadors.
“We know that today’s ECNL players are the best in their sport, and with hard work will become stars on the field in college and beyond,” said ECNL President Christian Lavers. “But great players aren’t just game changers on the field, they have the power and responsibility to positively impact their teams, clubs, and communities off the field as well. The ECNL is committed to help these players develop as athletes, but also as people. The ECNL is committed to be More Than A League.”