HP Sustainable Impact is integral to helping the company become the world’s most sustainable and just technology company. This work is essential for the sustainability of the planet and society, and it is an increasingly important driver of customer purchasing decisions, helping win more than $1 billion in sales in 2020—for the second consecutive year. 
The 2020 HP Sustainable Impact Report and Executive Summary highlight the actions the company is taking to address some of the world’s most critical social and environmental challenges, including striving for some of the most comprehensive goals in the IT industry. This year’s report—marking the company’s 20th year of sustainability reporting—outlines the progress made in 2020 as well as improvements still needed.
Among the progress and commitments announced in the 2020 HP Sustainable Impact Report:
- Reports 4% reduction in overall carbon footprint; reduces product use GHG emissions intensity by 33%; increases recycled plastic across its portfolio to 11%; and decreases single use plastic packaging by 19%
- Maintains 100% zero deforestation for HP paper and achieved 99% for paper-based product packaging
- Establishes a Racial Equality and Social Justice Task Force to set comprehensive goals to confront systemic racism and inequality.
- Reports steady increase of female leaders (32% in 2020; 31% in 2019 and 2018) and women in global functions (57% in 2020; 55% in 2019 and 2018).
- Drives focused initiatives to support hybrid learning and advance digital equity amid the global school shutdown, and moved halfway toward the company’s goal of enabling better learning outcomes for 100 million people by 2025—including seeing a 210% increase in enrollments in HP LIFE.
“At HP, our ambition is to become the world’s most sustainable and just technology company. I’m proud of the work of our teams around the world, and this report highlights the progress we are making against our goals—as well as the areas where we must do more,” said Enrique Lores, President and CEO, HP. “But if we simply stay the course, we will fail to meet the magnitude of this moment. The pace of change in the world around us is accelerating, and so must our efforts to create the future we want to see.”
Learn more about HP’s 2020 Sustainable Impact progress and 2030 strategy and goals at http://hp.com/sustainableimpact.