To kick off the 2020 Keep America Beautiful®National Conference, national nonprofit Keep America Beautiful is leading a one-day Recycling Market Development Workshop on Feb. 11, 2020 in Memphis, Tennessee, with the National Recycling Coalition and the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency.
The workshop aims to engage recycling professionals in a dialogue about their current and evolving roles in supporting recycling markets and programs in a changing market. Attendees will hear about innovative recycling infrastructure developments and recycling education programs. Other topic discussions include state-level recycling market development and the marketability of materials and innovations in recycling.
“We need to develop and strengthen markets and infrastructure to meet the changing waste stream and identify a consistent way to measure that progress,” said Keep America Beautiful President and CEO Helen Lowman. “Innovation and partnership are critical to provide solutions that improve our recycling infrastructure in our pursuit of creating a circular economy. We’re pleased to work in partnership with the National Recycling Coalition and the EPA to dramatically improve the state of recycling in America.”
Key events throughout the day include:
- 9:30- 10:30 a.m. – Brands Commitment to Recycling Market Development, Buy Recycled, Demand Champions
- 10:45-11:30 a.m. – State Level Recycling Market Development
- 11:30-12 p.m. – Interactive Discussion and Polling Session – Consumer Recycling Education Challenges
- 1:00-2:15 p.m. – Recycling from Curb to MRF to Market
- 2:45-4:00 p.m. – Innovations in Recycling in the US
To register for the workshop, click here.