PRSA, the nation’s leading professional organization serving the communications community, today announced the officer and director nominees for its 2022 Board of Directors. Delegates of the membership will vote on the nominees and any petitioning candidates at the annual PRSA Leadership Assembly on Saturday, October 16, in Orlando, Florida.
“I want to thank everyone who applied for a Board position,” said Debra D. Peterson, APR, PRSA 2021 Nominating Committee Chair. “We had a terrific slate of candidates, and I am very excited to announce our nominees for the 2022 Board of Directors. This stellar group of highly qualified professionals, which includes members who have demonstrated their leadership abilities in a variety of roles, volunteered to take on the responsibilities of guiding PRSA as it grows and evolves. We appreciate their dedication to the organization and to the communications profession, and look forward to presenting them to our Leadership Assembly in Orlando.”
The nominees for 2022 officer positions are: Chair-elect, Michelle Egan, APR, Fellow PRSA, Chief Communications Officer, Alyeska Pipeline Service Company, Anchorage, Alaska; Treasurer, Joseph Abreu, APR, Chief Communications Officer, Clerk of Courts, Lee County, Fort Myers, Florida; Secretary, Jane N. Law, APR, Internal/HR Communications Manager, New Hampshire Housing Finance Authority, Bedford, New Hampshire.
Current Chair-elect, Felicia Blow, Ph.D., APR, associate vice president for development & campaign director, Hampton University, was confirmed as the 2022 PRSA Chair at the PRSA Leadership Assembly in 2020. Current PRSA Chair Michelle Olson, APR, Managing Partner, Lambert, will serve as Immediate Past Chair in 2022.
For the past 15 years, Egan has served in a variety of key leadership roles for PRSA, most recently as Treasurer on the 2020 and 2021 Board of Directors. She was President of the Alaska Chapter in 2016, and has chaired committees on programs, education, ethics and accreditation. As Professional Adviser for the University of Alaska PRSSA Chapter, she has helped students grow into successful PR practitioners.
The PRSA Nominating Committee also announced their selections for the open director positions for the 2022 Board. They are:
- Midwest District: Jacqueline Clark, MPA, APR, Fellow PRSA, West Regional Government Relations & Public Affairs, LafargeHolcim, Lee’s Summit, Missouri
- Southwest District: Heide Harrell, APR, Director of Marketing and Business Development, Rose Law Firm, Little Rock, Arkansas
- Southeast District: Jessica Graham, APR, Fellow PRSA, President, Fionix Consulting LLC, Indian Trail, North Carolina
- Sunshine District: Angela Walters Eveillard, MBA, APR, Director of Marketing and Strategic Communications, Hillsborough Community College, Tampa, Florida
- North Pacific District: Karen KC Crabtree, APR, Senior Manager, Global Public Relations, Bluetooth SIG, Greater Seattle Area
- Director At-Large: David Marshall, Ph.D., APR, Full Professor and Chair, the Department of Strategic Communication, Morgan State University, Baltimore, Maryland
Candidates by Petition
Article VIII, Section 5 of the PRSA Bylaws provides: Nominations may also be made by petition by at least 10 Leadership Assembly delegates and filed with the Secretary of the Society at PRSA Headquarters at least 30 days prior to the annual meeting of the Leadership Assembly. All petitions must be submitted by September 16 for consideration. Immediately upon receipt of any such nominations, the Secretary shall send a notice of such nominations to all members.