The One Club for Creativity, the world’s foremost nonprofit organization whose mission is to support and celebrate the global creative community, today announced the first group of advertising, design, marketing, and education innovators who will be inducted in the Creative Hall of Fame in October.
Additional inductees will be announced shortly.
The Creative Hall of Fame has a rich heritage of honoring the lifetime achievements of creative luminaries in all forms of advertising and design, starting with the induction of Leo Burnett in 1961.
The latest inductees are:
- Joe Duffy, branding and design innovator, Founder, Chairman, Duffy & Partners;
- John Hunt, Co-founder of internationally recognized South African agency TBWA\Hunt\Lascaris, Global Creative Chair, TBWA\Worldwide
- Cheryl D. Miller, graphic designer, writer, artist, theologian, and decolonizing historian known for her contributions to racial and gender equality in the graphic design field.
- Nancy Vonk and Janet Kestin, former co-Chief Creative Officers at Ogilvy Toronto, Co-founders of the Swim leadership lab;
- Carol H. Williams, President, CEO, Chief Creative Officer and owner, Carol H. Williams Advertising, the longest-running US independent multicultural agency.
Educators Hall of Fame
- Ron and Pippa Seichrist, Cofounders, Miami Ad School
The black-tie Creative Hall of Fame induction ceremony, which is a fundraising gala to support The One Club’s many global DEI programs, will take place on the evening of October 27, 2022, at Tisch Skylights at The Shed, Hudson Yards in New York.
Inductees are nominated and voted on by The One Club Board of Directors. Criteria for being considered is three-fold:
- Impact — Those who have a celebrated body of work. This includes work that has been recognized as the best in the industry over multiple years for multiple brands, can be considered truly innovative and original in thinking and execution, and has an undeniable lasting impact.
- Influence — Those who have used their creativity and leveraged their resources to advance the industry and serve the greater good.
- Inspiration — Those who have had a measurable, positive effect on the next generation of creative leaders, and are known industry-wide as mentors, door-openers, and opportunity-creators.
“The Creative Hall of Fame is the ultimate recognition of a storied career of a visionary creative professional,” said Kevin Swanepoel, CEO, The One Club. “This first group of 2022 inductees has transformed the industry, uplifted underrepresented groups, and continues to inspire the next generation of creative thinkers and doers.”
Additional inductees will be announced shortly. Event and ticket details, as well as bio information on this year’s inductees, is available here.