Cannes Lions has announced the participants chosen for the 2023 See It Be It female talent acceleration programme. In total 16 female creatives, from 14 countries, have been selected to take part in a unique development experience at the Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity, in partnership with Verizon, taking place from 19-23 June 2023.
The See It Be It talent programme was founded in 2014 by Cannes Lions with the mission to achieve equal gender representation of creative directors and leaders across the global industry. The 16 creatives selected to make up the 2023 class will receive an all-access Festival pass, travel to and from Cannes, accommodation courtesy of the Festival, and will attend an exclusive programme of events and mentoring workshops with some of the most respected leaders in the industry today. This year an Alumni Tutor has been introduced to the programme for the first time, to support the women throughout the week and take the programme experience to the next level. Selected from last year’s cohort through an application and interview process, Steph Cajucom, Creative Director, Translation, has been appointed to take on this role. She will work closely with programme Ambassador, Madonna Badger, to elevate the programme and further the impact See It Be It has on the industry well beyond the Festival week.
Commenting on the 2023 cohort, Madonna Badger, See It Be It Chairperson and Ambassador, Founder/CEO/COO, BADGER AGENCY, said, “I am so grateful to have been Chairperson of See It Be It over the last six years, and this year I am super excited to be the Ambassador to the 16 women making up the 2023 class of See It Be It.
“The theme for this year is “Know your power”. Creative women have a power unlike any other as they use their strengths and vulnerabilities to know their own power and express their talents. This is very true for the 2023 Cannes See It Be It group. The group this year is fantastic and from so many places around the world. It is inspiring and encouraging to meet so many exciting creative women who are dedicated to our craft in all its forms.”
The 2023 sixteen finalists are named as follows:
- Ángela Pacheco, Creative Director, El Ruso de Rocky, Spain, Europe
- Arah Kim, Creative Director, The Juju, Mexico, North America
- Bernice Chao Head of Integrated Creative, Zambezi, USA, North America
- Binaifer Dulani, Creative and Founding Member, Talented, India, Asia
- Çağla Büyükkoç Sütlüoğlu, Founder & CEO, Walrus Creative Works,Turkey, Europe
- Daniela Varela, Creative Director, TBWA\Chiat Day New York, USA, North America
- Esosa Osagiede, Deputy Creative Director, Leo Burnett Lagos, Nigeria, Africa
- Heloísa Ribeiro, Creative Director, FCB, Brazil, South America
- Huei Yin Wong, Senior Art Director, Clemenger BBDO, Australia, Oceania
- Huma Mobin, Co-founder & Creative Director, Contentory Inc., Pakistan, Asia
- Lauren Mitchell, Creative Lead – Art Director, King James Group – Part of Accenture Song, South Africa, Africa
- Lex Remalante, Global Art Director, The Barn at Arla Foods, Denmark, Europe
- Sabrina Henry, Creative Director, DDB Centro, Guatemala, South America
- Sarah Olicker, Senior Creative, Mojo Supermarket, USA, North America
- Sollin Sæle, Senior Creative, Accenture Song, Norway, Europe
- Tung Wang, Senior Copywriter, TBWA\ Media Arts Lab, Taiwan, Asia
Simon Cook, CEO, LIONS, added, “See It Be It was established in response to the gender imbalance that exists within the global creative community. To date, over 100 women have taken part in See It Be It, and many alumni members have progressed into leadership positions, won Lions Awards and served as Cannes Lions Jurors. We’re delighted to welcome yet another talented group of women to the Festival and the See It Be It network for a ninth year. Congratulations to all those selected and a huge thank you to our 40 Jurors for their time in selecting our 2023 cohort.”
See It Be It is open to all women, trans-identifying and non-binary people. For any enquiries, please get in touch at email@example.com. Further information on this year’s Festival can be found at canneslions.com.