More than 220 PR professionals gathered at The Exchange Hotel in Cardiff last month for the 2019 CIPR Cymru Wales PRide Awards ceremony – the nation’s annual public relations showpiece.
BrandContent and Golley Slater were the big winners of the night, taking home three Gold Awards each, with the former scoring a hat-trick for their digital campaign work with Admiral.
Golley Slater took home the Gold Awards in both the Healthcare Campaign and Integrated Campaign categories for their #TalkAboutOrganDonation campaign which successfully educated people and stimulated conversation on the topic of organ donation.Betsi Cadwaladr University Health Board and Community Housing Cymru took home the Gold Award for Public Sector Team of the Year and Outstanding In-House Public Relations Team, respectively.
In the individual categories, Cowshed’s Holly Fairclough ACIPR was named Outstanding Young Communicator and Laura Windeatt MCIPR took the title of Outstanding Independent Practitioner.Technical Marketing & PR and Working Word were crowned Outstanding Small Public Relations Consultancy and Outstanding Public Relations Consultancy, respectively.
We know we have a huge number of talented communicators in Wales. The results we have seen at this year’s PRide Awards show the breadth of skill, professionalism and talent through a number of industries. The campaigns and examples of work showcased in the awards prove the value PR and compelling communications bring to businesses, our economy and society. Well done to everyone who made the shortlist and a massive congratulations to all our winners.
Rhian Moore Chart.PR, MCIPR, Chair of CIPR Cymru
- Corporate and Business Communications Campaign – Carmarthenshire County Council, Mini Executive Board
- Internal Communications Campaign – Companies House, The Annual Civil Service People Survey 2018
- Consumer Relations Campaign – jamjar, Ruffling feathers with the launch of Slim Chickens
- Public Sector Campaign – Equinox and Cadw, Launching Wales’ Biggest Historic Adventure
- Not-for-Profit Campaign – jamjar, Techniquest – The Science Capital
- Healthcare Campaign – Golley Slater, How #TalkOrganDonation helped save lives in Wales
- Integrated Campaign – Golley Slater, How #TalkOrganDonation helped save lives in Wales
- Low Budget Campaign – BrandContent, Mathematician Reveals Formula for the Perfect Christmas
- Arts, Culture or Sport Campaign – St Fagans National Museum of History, Be part of the story of Wales
- Travel, Leisure or Tourism Campaign – Cardiff Council – Visit Cardiff, Eco Tourism Campaign
- Education Campaign – phs Group and Magic Wand PR, Period Poverty
- Best Use of Media Relations – Golley Slater, World’s first retirement home for sloths
- Best Use of Digital – BrandContent, Mathematician Reveals Formula for the Perfect Christmas
- Best Use of Social Media – Working Word and Cymraeg, Shwsh!
- Best Use of Content – BrandContent, Mathematician Reveals Formula for the Perfect Christmas
- Best Use of Influencer Relations – Four Cymru, PGI Welsh Lamb and PGI Welsh Beef
- Best Event – Cowshed and FOR Cardiff, The DAFF Trail
- Best Publication – Equinox and Cadw, Heritage in Wales
- Outstanding Young Communicator – Holly Fairclough ACIPR, Cowshed
- Outstanding Independent Practitioner – Laura Windeatt MCIPR, Magic Wand PR
- Public Sector Team of the Year – Betsi Cadwaladr University Health Board
- Outstanding In-House Public Relations Team – Community Housing Cymru
- Outstanding Small Public Relations Consultancy – Technical Marketing & PR
- Outstanding Public Relations Consultancy – Working Word
To view the full results, please visit the CIPR Awards website.