Merck has signed on as a supporting company to a group of organizations looking to address the adverse impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Ascend, a nonprofit Pan-Asian membership organization for business professionals and executives in North America, launched the consortium with Association of Latino Professionals For America (ALPFA), Catalyst, The Conference Board, Management Leadership for Tomorrow (MLT), National Association of Black Accountants (NABA), National Congress of American Indians (NCAI), National Organization on Disability (NOD), Out & Equal, Tanenbaum and more than 90 supporting companies.
Ascend called for its members, partners and associates to affirm its 5-Point Action Agenda:
- Promote Inclusion: Advocate for a diverse and inclusive workplace and society
- Raise Awareness: Highlight the unique impacts of COVID-19 on vulnerable groups
- Denounce Bias: Encourage individuals to report virus-linked discriminatory acts against Pan-Asians and other targeted groups and communities in the workplace and in public
- Support Communities: Contribute time, knowledge and/or other resources to aid front line workers, COVID-19 victims and families
- Give Donations: Provide funds and/or other resources to support vulnerable populations of people and impacted businesses
Ascend said that its ten organizations advocate for members of underserved communities that are particularly vulnerable to public health crises and economic downturns.