The Public Relations and Communications Association (PRCA) is pleased to announce the finalists for the annual Douglas Smith Prize for best young public affairs practitioner in the UK.
The finalists are:
- Sophia Stileman MPRCA, Researcher, Atlas Partners
- Arabella Hamilton MPRCA, Account Executive, Cicero Group
- Tom Doughty MPRCA, Account Manager, PB Consulting
- Emma Divers MPRCA, Account Manager, PLMR
- Niamh Mercer MPRCA, Account Manager, PLMR
All candidates were asked to submit a short essay on the following subject ‘How has the overwhelming focus on Brexit affected engagement with Parliament?’
They were also asked to submit an endorsement from their line manager or senior colleague who worked with them on a daily basis.
The Prize, in memory of PRCA founding fellow Douglas Smith, is accompanied by a £500 award.
The winner will be announced at The PRCA Public Affairs Awards on Thursday, 5th December.
The Prize is judged by:
- Tiffany Burrows CMPRCA, Chair, NextGen Public Affairs, and Account Director, Newington Communications
- Lizzy Cryar MPRCA, Senior Account Executive, WA Communications
- Rebecca Macintyre MPRCA, FleishmanHillard Fishburn
- Ben Roback MPRCA, Senior Account Manager, Cicero Group
- Christine McKenna MPRCA, Vice-Chair, NextGen Public Affairs, Senior Account Manager, Grayling, and winner of the 2018 Douglas Smith Prize