To mark the start of its annual Share the Love® event, Subaru of America has debuted a new advertising campaign featuring the heartwarming stories of real people whose lives have been touched by the program, as well as the automaker’s national charity partners: The American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals® (ASPCA®), Make-A-Wish®, Meals on Wheels America and National Park Foundation. The new series of television commercials launches as the Subaru Share the Love event officially kicks off this year, marking the program’s tenth anniversary in the automaker’s 50th anniversary in the U.S.
For the second consecutive year, Subaru has enlisted real people to star in five new advertising spots and each person shares how one of the four national charities has positively impacted their lives. The series of new spots once again features the song Put a Little Love in Your Heart to bring these heartwarming stories to life and encourage viewers to put a little more love in their hearts this holiday season.
Starting today, the five new spots, created by Subaru of America in collaboration with agency partner Carmichael Lynch, will air in :30s and :60s formats on national television, and be featured in targeted digital and social media promotions. The campaign features five inspiring stories, detailed below:
- “Put a Little Love in Your Heart” – Who better to spread the word about Share the Love than those people who benefit from the over $115 million Subaru will have donated in just 10 years? Make-A-Wish, ASPCA, Meals on Wheels America, and the National Park Foundation join Subaru to put a little more love in everyone’s heart this holiday season.
- “Bruce” – Bruce and Chris are two unlikely friends brought together by Meals on Wheels, proving that sometimes, what begins as a meal evolves into something just as nourishing.
- “Matthew” – Matthew is a brave, young boy battling a critical illness. Thanks to Make-A-Wish, he now has the playhouse of his dreams.
- “Amanda” – Amanda rescued and adopted Scrappy, a friendly pup in need, from a local shelter supported by the ASPCA and the two quickly became best friends. Now, it’s hard to tell who saved who.
- “Victoria” – Victoria is an inspiring, young woman who’s devoted half her life to supporting and volunteering in a national park. Like the National Park Foundation, Victoria is passionate about preserving our parks and history for generations to come.
To complement the creative spots, Subaru is implementing a high-impact strategy to spread the reach of Share the Love with as many people as possible through several unique integrations. Throughout the event, Subaru will partner with top national morning shows, like Good Morning America and The TODAY Show, to highlight the tenth anniversary of Share the Love, in addition to collaborating with influencers, as well as video and musical partners, Pandora, YouTube, Vevo, Roku and more.
“At Subaru, positively impacting local communities across the country has been a passion project and we are overjoyed to see how Share the Love has touched the lives of so many individuals over the last decade,” Alan Bethke, senior vice president of Marketing, Subaru of America Inc. “This new campaign is a tribute to our charity partners who have made the success of the Subaru Share the Love event possible, and a promise to our communities to always put a little love in our hearts.”
During this year’s Share the Love event, taking place from November 16, 2017 to January 2, 2018, Subaru will donate $250 for every new Subaru vehicle purchased or leased to the customer’s choice of the four national charities with a minimum guarantee of $250,000. Participating Subaru retailers can select one or two hometown charities from their local community in which customers can direct their support. This year, more than 660 local charitable organizations are participating in the Subaru Share the Love event. With some retailers adding their own donations to the hometown charities, total donations by Subaru and its participating retailers are expected to exceed previous years. At the culmination of this year, Subaru hopes to exceed a grand total of $115 million donated since the creation of Share the Love to celebrate the tenth anniversary of the event.
To learn about Share the Love and hear more of these incredible stories, please visit www.subaru.com/share.