As part of its Giving Tuesday campaign, and ongoing commitment to make a meaningful difference through commerce, eBay has announced its fourth annual #GivingTuesday campaign, supporting Feeding America® in its fight to end hunger. eBay for Charity has teamed up with actress and recording artist Lea Michele – who designed an exclusive limited-edition pin – and other celebrities donating VIP experiences, all to benefit Feeding America and make it easy for shoppers to give back.
Beginning on #GivingTuesday (November 28) through December 8, shoppers can visit eBay.com/FeedingAmerica to uncover truly once-in-a-lifetime celebrity experiences and unique inventory available only on eBay. 100% of proceeds will benefit Feeding America, the nation’s largest domestic hunger relief organization that works with 200 food banks and 60,000 meal pantries and agencies.
Exclusive Pin Collection
In collaboration with actress and recording artist Lea Michele, eBay is debuting her limited-edition “Map of the United States” food-themed pin that she designed. The pin, along with two more exclusive pin designs from PINTRILL – “Pie” and “Dinner Plate” – will be available exclusively on eBay for $15 each or $40 for a collection of three with all proceeds going back to Feeding America.
“As we celebrate the holiday season and share food with our families, it’s important to remember that hunger is still a huge problem in this country – with a shocking 1 in 8 Americans struggling to get enough to eat,” said Lea Michele. “This Giving Tuesday, I’m proud to partner with eBay for Charity to raise funds for Feeding America. The best part is, every dollar raised will help Feeding America in their mission to end hunger.”
Coveted Celebrity Experiences
For shoppers looking to give once-in-a-lifetime experiences to someone special on their list, the chance to meet celebrities will also be up for purchase from eBay.com/FeedingAmerica, including:
- Set visit with Lea Michele in 2018
- Volunteering alongside Lea Michele at a Feeding America network foodbank, school, pantry or shelter;
- Visit an orchard and volunteer with actress Julie Bowen to collect produce that will be donated to food banks;
- A VIP Tour Package for Andy Grammer’s 2018 tour;
- Lunch with Leighton Meester;
- Tickets to Bruce Springsteen on Broadway;
- A chance to attend a photo shoot with supermodel Karolina Kurkova;
- A visit to the set of Ray Donovan, Season 6;
- Tickets to a taping of Will & Grace, set tour & cast photo, and much more.
“Using our platform to make a positive impact on peoples’ lives is something we’ve been committed to since eBay’s founding, and it’s especially important during the holidays,” said Chris Librie, Senior Director of Global Impact and Giving at eBay. “When millions of people come together, we can make a meaningful impact together. By offering exclusive inventory and unforgettable experiences, we want to help shoppers discover unique gifts for anyone on their list while doing good at the same time.”
Shoppers can also purchase the exclusive pins in-person by visiting the eBay Holiday Airstream, which is rolling into select U.S. cities to offer local holiday shoppers a curated collection of the season’s most sought-after items and amazing deals on toys, tech, fashion and home goods.
Gifts That Give Back Program Expansion
This holiday season, eBay is also expanding its Gifts That Give Back program, which debuted last year on Giving Tuesday. New partnerships with two leading charitable organizations – Feeding America and the International Rescue Committee – have been added alongside existing partners including the American Cancer Society, American Red Cross, American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals, CARE, Habitat for Humanity and March of Dimes. Shoppers can purchase symbolic gifts ranging from $25 to $100, with 100% of the purchase price supporting the chosen charity. A digitally-delivered certificate means they make great last-minute gift options for friends and family who want to support a good cause this holiday season.
Shoppers are invited to follow along:
- Visit eBay.com/FeedingAmerica to shop exclusive gifts and celebrity experiences that give back
- Check out @eBay on social.
- Share using #GivingTuesday, #eBayImpact, #FillYourCartWithColor
eBay for Charity by the Numbers
- To date, more than $725 million dollars have been raised on eBay for Charity.
- eBay buyers and sellers helped raise over $82 million globally.*
- Almost 15 million charitable listings were created by eBay sellers globally.*
- On average, almost 1.5 million charitable listings were available on eBay on any given day.*
- On average $161 raised every minute on eBay globally.*
*Data as of December 31, 2016; stats are for the full year 2016.