Secret Deodorant, a longtime champion of women’s equality and advocate for women in sports, announced today that it will continue to support female soccer players by helping to boost attendance and revenue at upcoming National Women’s Soccer League (NWSL) games. With this move, Secret is doubling-down on its efforts to heighten visibility for teams and grow the fan base of the elite professionals who play in the NWSL.
Beginning tomorrow, September 17, through the close of the 2019 season, Secret will purchase a total of 9,000 tickets to nine NWSL games, filling 1,000 seats at one home game for each of the nine teams, and committing more than $200,000 to the effort. In each city, Secret will offer up its tickets to local partners, women’s organizations, youth sports teams, and not-for-profit organizations, inspiring local fans to join in a show of support for the team.
“As a brand for women run by women, we wholeheartedly believe women should not have to sweat gender inequality,” said Sara Saunders, Associate Brand Director, Secret, P&G. “We have been vocal in our support of women in sports and dedicated to helping them to receive equal visibility. Our goal with this effort is to celebrate the excellence of this league and continue to ensure that female athletes have a platform to play and get the attention they deserve.”
In addition to ticket purchases, Secret will show its support through game day giveaways, including Secret Deodorant product, t-shirts and spirit towels, to the first 1,000 fans at each of the following games:
- North Carolina Courage – Sept. 17, 2019, Sahlen’s Stadium, Cary, N.C.
- Reign FC – Sept. 18, 2019, Cheney Stadium, Tacoma, Wash.
- Chicago Red Stars – Sept. 21, 2019, SeatGeek Stadium, Bridgeview, Ill.
- Utah Royals FC – Sept. 21, 2019, Rio Tinto Stadium, Sandy, Utah
- Houston Dash – Sept. 25, 2019, BBVA Stadium, Houston, Texas
- Washington Spirit – Sept. 28, 2019, Maureen Hendricks Field, Germantown, Md.
- Sky Blue FC – Sept. 29, 2019, Yurcak Field, Piscataway, N.J.
- Orlando Pride – Oct. 5, 2019, Exploria Stadium, Orlando, Fla.
- Portland Thorns FC – Oct. 12, 2019, Providence Park, Portland, Ore.
“We are proud to team up with companies whose values align with our own to make real progress for women in sports,” added Saunders. “Collectively, our aim is to help boost attendance at games and grow a passionate network of women’s soccer fans, yielding an increase in NWSL ticket sales that will make a meaningful and lasting difference for these players.”
For more information, visit Secret.com , or follow Secret on Instagram ( @SecretDeodorant ), Facebook ( Facebook.com/Secret ), Twitter ( @SecretDeodorant ) and YouTube ( YouTube.com/SecretDeodorant ).