Secret Deodorant has debuted its newest campaign starring a diverse celebrity line-up of women across entertainment, sports, business and fitness. This campaign gives much-needed air-time to the personal stories of modern women who are challenging the status quo in their respective fields.
With the release of its “All Strength, No Sweat” campaign, Secret Deodorant, a brand committed to driving actions in support of equal representation, equal compensation and equal opportunity for all women, is once again shining a spotlight on inspirational women who are pursuing their passions without “sweating” the obstacles in their paths. The campaign video, which will air nationally through 2020, features a song written and performed by singer/songwriter and Grammy-nominee Jessie Reyez, who stars in the video. Also featured within the campaign are actress Camila Mendes, Olympic Gold Medalist Swin Cash, actress and entrepreneur Shenae Grimes-Beech and fitness mega-influencer Ainsley Rodriguez.
The lyrics were inspired by the brand’s original “All Strength, No Sweat” platform from February 2019 and serve as a rallying cry for women of all kinds, encouraging them to take pride in their power, their attitude and their right to claim what they deserve in life – whether that’s fighting for a seat at the table, in the boardroom, or acting as a positive example to women in Hollywood.
“Secret has a history of supporting women’s progress and telling stories of women’s strength, which is something that I feel equally passionate about,” said Jessie Reyez. “As a woman in the music industry, I’ve experienced firsthand how difficult it can be to make headway in such a male-dominated field. I’m honored to be a part of this campaign and share Secret’s goal of equalizing opportunity for women everywhere. I hope our stories connect with other women out there and we can continue to inspire and lift up one another.”
Secret is releasing a series of shorts featuring the unique perspectives and personal stories of each of the five women appearing in the campaign, including:
- Jessie Reyez: This Grammy-nominated Canadian/Colombian singer and songwriter has become a powerful role model for women in music. Reyez gets candid about the challenges she has faced in the music industry, revealing a very personal story from her past.
- Camila Mendes: A Brazilian-American actress who stars as Veronica Lodge on the CW’s highly popular series Riverdale, Mendes is the face of the brand’s new Secret with Essential Oils collection. As fierce as she is feminine, Mendes shares how she is using her voice as a force of change in Hollywood.
- Swin Cash: Having made the leap from WNBA player and Olympic gold medalist to bona fide businesswoman, Cash – currently the VP of Basketball Operations and Team Development for the New Orleans Pelicans – speaks out about equal representation for women, in sports and in life.
- Shenae Grimes-Beech: A mother, actress, content-creator and self-proclaimed “queen of keeping it real,” Grimes-Beech reveals her own “unfiltered” experiences in motherhood, helping to show other women that they are not alone in navigating the unknown.
- Ainsley Rodriguez: This fitness guru from Miami, who’s amassed almost two million followers on Instagram through sharing her workouts, nutrition tips and her followers’ body transformations, believes the most powerful muscle you can train is your mind, and that from there, results follow. Rodriguez shares with Secret her commitment to helping women stay strong mentally and physically through life’s challenges, big and small.
“We’re so proud to be working with such a diverse group of inspiring women, all of whom were chosen for their unwavering strength and relentless approach to getting what they want from life,” said Sara Saunders, Associate Brand Director, Secret. “We hear from incredible women every day – about their concerns, their ambitions, and about their work to earn their fair share at every stage and place in life. Our hope is that by spotlighting a few of these stories, we can continue to inspire strength and unity in making a real change together.”