Featuring every marketing leader who has been shortlisted for the first five editions of the Global Marketer of the Year, WFA’s annual award, the Hall of Fame celebrates the impact that global and regional marketers can have on the businesses they work for and the society they serve.
The inaugural list includes 22 marketing leaders who have been showcased by the global award since it was launched in 2017, representing companies such as Burger King, Coty, Deutsche Telekom, Diageo, Dole Sunshine Company, General Mills, Grab, Huawei, IKEA, J&J, LEGO Group, L’Oréal, Mars, Inc, Mastercard, Mattel, Natura, P&G, The Coca-Cola Company and Unilever. The Hall of Fame will also include any one shortlisted for this year’s and future awards.
“Global Marketer of the Year was always designed to celebrate the achievements of our industry. Everyone who has been shortlisted over the last five years has an incredible story to tell that should be celebrated. Being recognised as a contender for this award is a mark of respect from our jury and the Hall of Fame is designed to showcase everyone who is and has been seen as a role model in our industry,” said Stephan Loerke, CEO of WFA.
The inaugural Global Marketer of the Year was won in 2017 by Keith Weed, Unilever’s then Chief Marketing and Communications Officer. Weed was followed by Mastercard’s Chief Marketing and Communications Officer, Raja Rajamannar in 2018 and Lubomira Rochet, then Chief Digital Officer at L’Oréal, in 2019. In 2020 the award was won by Marc Pritchard, Chief Brand Officer at Procter & Gamble, while last year’s winner was Conny Braams, Chief Digital and Commercial Officer at Unilever.
The full Global Marketer Hall of Fame list includes:
- Andrea Álvares, then Chief Brand, Innovation, International and Sustainability Officer for Natura;
- Conny Braams, Chief Digital and Commercial Officer at Unilever;
- Rupen Desai, Global CMO, Dole Sunshine Company;
- Cristina Diezhandino, CMO, Diageo;
- Andrew Garrihy, Chief Marketing Officer at DiDi, then Chief Brand Officer and Western Europe Chief Marketing Officer at Huawei;
- Cheryl Goh, Group VP of Marketing and Sustainability, Grab;
- Julia Goldin Chief Product and Marketing Officer, Lego Group;
- Richa Goswami, then Senior Director, Office of Marketing Value, Global Digital and Technology Excellence for J&J Consumer Health;
- Fernando Machado, CMO at Activision Blizzard, then Chief Marketing Officer, Burger King;
- Lisa McKnight, EVP and Global Head of Barbie & Dolls Portfolio, Mattel;
- Ukonwa Ojo, Global Chief Marketing Officer for Amazon Prime Video & Studios, then Chief Marketing Officer, Consumer Beauty at Coty;
- Ivan Pollard, leader at The Conference Board, then Global CMO at General Mills;
- Marc Pritchard, Chief Brand Officer at Procter & Gamble;
- Raja Rajamannar, Chief Marketing & Communications Officer and President – Healthcare Business at Mastercard;
- Lubomira Rochet, partner at JAB Holding Company, then Chief Digital Officer at L’Oréal;
- Syl Saller, then CMO at Diageo;
- Hans-Christian Schwingen, then CMO at Deutsche Telekom;
- Pratik Thakar, Head of Global Creative Strategy and Content, Coca-Cola at TCCC;
- Jane Wakely, EVP, Chief Consumer and Marketing Officer and Chief Growth Officer, International Foods at PepsiCo, then Lead CMO at Mars;
- Keith Weed, then Chief Marketing & Communications Officer at Unilever;
- Claudia Willvonseder, executive board member at Dr. Oetker.then Chief Marketing Officer at Ikea Group;
- Glory Zhang, then Chief Marketing Officer at Huawei Consumer Business Group.